Wednesday, November 10, 2010

spaciousness

Lie back on  the grass
Look up at the sky
Just watch the stars and the sky
see the moon
observe the stars and know
that there is someone, something, 
somewhere somehow,
holding the entire galaxy up above

Was watching Kaun Baneha Coreparti yesterday (become a millionaire; game show) that posed a question for the Rs 50,00,000 question. 

What planet has seven hills named after the 7 astronauts who died after the Coloubmia space shuttle disaster. The options were Jupiter, Mars, Venus and Mercury. 

Thats when my dinner companion gave me information that I was ignorant about. 

Did you know that Venus is full of clouds that are so dense that the land is impossible to reach? That Jupiter is  a whirling mass of gasses and matter and there is no land that is yet formed as the heat/gravity is not dense enough to compress and form land? That the heat of the Mercury, is not permitting any human launch to take place.

I remember a trek to Hemkunth Sahib, about 8 years ago... on a chilly night I sat and watched the stars. Silent. Calm. 

And it hit me, that I too was a part of this cosmos. The rigours of daily life made me forget, made me feel so in control that i let the intelligence of the cosmos be assumed, yet as the song of thomas crown affair stated....

And the world is like an apple
Whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind

There is no huge moral of the story behind this post, just a step back finger on the lips, head kocked in wonder at the sheer massiveness of the space that we live in, everyday and the extent we don't acknowledge or note. 

No I am have not been hired by Robin Sharma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment